The government announced that from July 19th all current restrictions in relation to church services surrounding Covid19 will no longer be lawfully required.
Though this is good news we are aware that a considered response is the wise way forward as this does not indicate the passing of Covid nor does it necessarily give everyone confidence to return to church services.
WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
Our current plans are that from the 25th July in our morning services in both Cambridge and Bury we will:
- Encourage singing (Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Psalm 105:2)
- There will be no reduction in space between rows so we will continue to operate at a reduced capacity
- There will be no enforcement of mask wearing, but we do encourage wearing masks(this is true for team as well)
- Hand sanitiser will still be available (including at Kids Church)
- Continue to sanitise seats, handles, surfaces, kids church equipment etc between services-cleaning of equipment after each session
- Ensure adequate ventilation as much as possible
- There will be no requirement to book in, but we will profile the QR code for optional track and trace for those who wish to register
- For those who wish to stay socially distanced cards will be available which can be placed either side of your chair to allow for distancing.
FIRST COME FIRST SERVED
As no booking is required, we will operate on a first come first served basis and once we are full we may need to turn people away. So please come in good time to ensure a place.
SUMMER NIGHTS IN CAMBRIDGE
In addition to this, particularly for those who do not yet feel confident to come to a service inside a building, from the 25th July and for the whole of August our Sunday evening services in Cambridge will be outside. We are calling these Summer Nights as they will include other elements of fun and community. Bury will also be holding an outdoor afternoon service during August.
If you are able to come, we would encourage you to do so for one or more of these settings in order to develop your confidence again in meeting as the gathered to church to worship God.
Some of course will simply choose to stay online which is absolutely fine and a valid expression in the new normal of church to stay connected to the Body of Christ.
We will review this at the end of August and make decisions then as to what things might look as we move into the Autumn months.